Pin It

Friday, September 28, 2012

Freezing Time and Looking Back

Today, a friend of mine posted something on her blog that I felt I had to share. She isn't only my friend; she is also a good client of True Story Photography. We have been hired by Sandi for assorted portrait work in the past but the most important shooting we have done for her was early this year when she hired True Story to photograph her daughter's wedding. She has been so busy that she just got around to viewing the proofs today and she took the time to write up a blog post on her own blog that I thought was worth sharing on ours. 
The next time you have an important occasion, or just want to freeze a moment in time in your life, the lives of your children or your loved ones, think about this post. 

Thank you, Sandi, for understanding and describing perfectly WHY we do what we do as photographers. 
I couldn't have said it better myself...



*******************
Taken from An Average Woman in a Superwoman World
http://www.averagewomansj.com/mom-moments-in-pictures/

Mom Moments in Pictures

Sometimes I do things that remind me how cool it is to be Mom!


Today, I actually sat down and went through the proofs of my daughter’s wedding.. Things have been so crazy, so scattered, that I really didn’t have a chance to do so before now. And I am SO glad I did!
For a little over an hour, I was transported back to that magical day. The happy faces. The beautiful room and wonderful food and music. All our friends and loved ones together. Everyone looks so incredible – like a movie! The pictures of the ceremony brought back all the love and pride and joy I felt at that moment. Seeing my husband again in his tuxedo was so, well, Exciting… He is such a dish! My daughter looked so unbelievably goregous – like a Limoges piece in her beautiful dress. Seeing the tears on her husband’s face as she walked down the aisle made me tear up all over again.

Times like this, when you can look back and see everything so clearly, make you believe in the continuity of family and friends, of the simple joys of loving and being loved. It sounds kind of corny, but I don’t care. I watched these kids grow up, and now they are married and starting a life of their own. It was, for me, the perfect antidote to the gloom and sadness of the past month. Something I didn’t even realize I needed until this very moment.

I can’t imagine how I am going to be able to limit my selections to fit my contract… I keep seeing pictures that would be incredible on my “Black and White Photo” wall in the house. I keep seeing pictures I want to order as Christmas gifts for other people. I can’t post them here, because I didn’t select them yet, and I always play fair… One day, I will, and everyone will see how magical it really was!

 I don’t think I will skimp on this. This was one of the most wonderful days of my life…

********************** 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment